Well Established Irish Company located on the West of Dublin are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller to join their Finance Team.
- Chasing debt by telephone and email
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances.
- Reconcile VIS and cash transactions
- Processing and generating monthly statements and reminder letters if necessary.
- Liaising with the customer service and accounts teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Ensuring that all major accounts operate within agreed terms.
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations.
- Investigating and resolving queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Working to strict weekly, monthly and annually collections targets.
- Reducing debtor days and working capital requirement.
- Liaising with the finance department re bank reconciliation, management accounts and annual accounts functions.
- Essential – Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in credit control
- Excellent communications skills / ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Negotiating / calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail / create, collect and research information/data.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and accounting software programmes
- Ability to meet deadlines / prioritise and plans work activities, use time efficiently, set goals and objectives.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyse information accurately, develops alternative solutions if/where applicable.
- Display willingness to make decisions on own initiative, display sound and accurate judgment, support and explain reasoning for decisions, include appropriate people in decision-making process, make timely decisions.