Our client is a long-established Dublin freight business, with 3 sites across Ireland and boast AEO status, are seeking a Customs Clerk to join their team in the Dublin office. Specialist in Air, Sea and Road Freight movements, this is an opportunity to join a business during a time of continued growth.
Customs Clearance Operators are required to complete and produce, via operational systems, customs entries for both export and imported goods, mainly arriving from the UK, this includes all aspects of Import & Export customs procedures and regulations. Also providing excellent customer service and keeping customers fully informed on entry completion and confirmation of any applicable VAT and duty costs as received from customs.
- Suitable candidates must have a minimum of 18 months customs clearance experience and be familiar with Revenue Ireland
- Must have ENS declaration experience
- Air & Sea import export with UK experience
- It is not essential, but highly desirable to be Brexit trained
- Have a good knowledge of TARIC, customs classification and tariff codes
- Experience with Azyra desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in Excel
- Good communicator with fluency in English
- Ability to work on your own initiative in a busy freight environment
- Dedicated to overcoming challenges and remain focused
- People person, who can clearly communicate, verbally and in writing
- A strong sense of responsibility and a hands-on approach – always striving to get the job done to satisfaction
If you do not meet essential criteria we will not be able to proceed with your application