PRL is currently recruiting for a Customs Compliance Manager within our Freight division. The successful candidate will manage and be responsible for all areas within the Customs department on behalf of the business, ensuring a timely, efficient and professional level of service, on all customs related matters, whilst at all times ensuring that the company’s compliance is maintained.
- Directs, manages, and maintains overall customs compliance procedures on behalf of the company
- Develops and deploys standardised policies, processes and best practices to ensure compliance with customs and other applicable worldwide regulations
- Acts as focal point and strategic advisor on behalf of the group in relation to all customs matters
- Management and development of the employees within the department
- Liaising with Customers and relevant authorities to assist with customs related matters
- Fully conversant with import and export rules and regulations. Maintaining, understanding and keeping up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers / the company on all customs related matters
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices which assist the department / company
- Responsible for the handling of all aspects of the Customs Department
- Work closely with the Finance team co-ordinating payment of Import VAT and Import Duties
- Compile and evaluate data for various weekly, monthly, and annual reports
- Develop, maintain and regular review / audit / updating of compliance related processes and procedures
- Carry out any further tasks as specified by the Manager
- 5+ years’ experience in Customs Compliance, Logistics and Freight
- Demonstrated experience in all related Customs matters
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to identify very complex problems, review related information, develop and analyse options, and recommend solutions
- Basic skills on standard software (e.g. MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Time management and prioritisation
- Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.