Junior Architect/Architectural Technologist or Fire Engineer with circa 2 year’s experience.
Dublin – 4/5 work day week, flexible remote working options
Salary – highly negotiable based on experience
Excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic skilled team of Fire Safety Consultants, providing a range of services in the area of Fire Safety Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Management Strategy design. Also specialising in area of Disability Access Certificates and Fire Safety Certificates. The successful candidate will gain a thorough knowledge of local, European and international fire safety guidance.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent,
- Excellent report writing and communication skills,
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, in particular Part B
- Knowledge of engineering software packages (e.g. CFD) beneficial
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in Architecture / Architectural Technology or Fire Engineering
- Be educated to Degree/Diploma level or higher (preferably level 8) in Architectural Technology or related discipline
- Have a proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Have experience working on a range of projects, in particular assisting in the preparation of drawings and reports for Local Authority applications
- Awareness of current building regulations and technical guidance documents, especially Parts B & M
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential and experience using Revit is an advantage
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Sketchup would be an advantage
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing fire certificate and disabled access certificate applications for various building types,
- Carrying out Site Inspections to review elements relating to Part B and/or Part M
- Carrying out fire risk assessments of existing buildings
- Providing advice to clients in relation to their statutory requirements as well as design advice
- Preparation of relevant documentation such as presentations, reports, detail drawings, etc.
- Liaison with the design team, client, local approving authorities, contractors and other third parties as required,
- Maintaining quality standards