PRL is a family owned, Irish indigenous business who play a vital role in supporting consumers in everyday living.
We are proud of our long-standing reputation as a leading provider of end-to-end solutions in the freight, logistics, in-market sales and warehousing industry. We work in partnership with flagship brands across a variety of sectors, providing top-quality services that meet their unique needs and requirements.
We have a strong culture putting people and our values at the very centre of everything we do, creating a sustainable future for our teams and our company.
Our teams can expect a fast paced, rewarding, and inclusive environment. Our people policies and benefits place an emphasis on always protecting and doing right by our teams and our company.
We are currently recruiting for a Freight Forwarder to join our team located in Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, Co Dublin. Due to the nature of our location, own transport is recommended.
As a Freight Forwarder your primary responsibility will involve liaising with clients and international partners to deliver comprehensive service solutions that meet specific requirements. This entails enhancing shipping efficiency and cost-effectiveness to achieve optimal results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and develop relationships with customers, suppliers, agents and colleagues.
- Coordinate and manage import / export freight shipments, ensuring efficient and timely movement of goods.
- Check rates, costs, and schedules to optimize shipping efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Monitor bookings and shipments using relevant tracking systems, providing updates to customers and stakeholders.
- Oversee bookings, confirm schedules with customers, and send booking confirmations promptly, to deliver to customer instructions.
- Liaise with external parties to ensure loads are prepared and special instructions clearly communicated including Transport and Warehousing (Internal/3rd Party) ensuring loads dispatched on time and required delivery dates are achieved.
- Be flexible as the role may include other admin duties as required.
- Coordinate closely with carriers and overseas agents to obtain and finalize required paperwork for shipments.
- Maintain excellent communication with customers, addressing inquiries, providing updates, and ensuring a high level of service.
- Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and costing are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames.
- Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time.
- To display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed.
- Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven experience within a similar role is essential.
- Strong communications with multi-functional stakeholders, including customers.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong systems skills, ERP, excel etc.
- Good geographical knowledge of Europe is very beneficial.
- High level of organisation with attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and analytical
- Good communication skills
- Hard working and reliable
- Must hold a full, clean driving license
Block 519, Grants Rise, Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, South County Dublin. Due to the nature of our location, own transport is recommended.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to work for a company that partners with global flagship brands, presenting a valuable opportunity for professional growth and development. Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Remuneration package depending on experience
- Pension contribution
- Paternity & Maternity Policies
- Christmas Bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Hybrid Option
- Flexible working
- Free on-site Gym
- Free on-site parking
Please kindly note that you need to have a valid EU Working Visa other than student orientation to proceed for this position.
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application.