We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a:
Fresh Food Manager
Reporting to: Sales Director
As a key member of the Sales team, you will manage the Fresh Food team to provide expertise and hands on training to stores in the fresh food categories, to achieve maximum sales and profit in their respective departments. This role will promote the brand whilst building relationships with our retail partners.
- To actively share best practice within the internal team and Independent Owners and Store Managers
- To report on competitor activity and new trends in all Fresh Food departments
- To drive sales and store purchase loyalty levels within agreed targets
- To analyse store opportunities and troubleshoot under-performing stores, identify training needs and implement an effective action plan using various methods, e.g. store audits, store walk action plan, benchmarking reports etc
- Evaluate and communicate ongoing development trends in Fresh Food, new lines, product performance, operational performance, waste management and retail business improvement
- Regular store visits and action plans
- Work with the Food Safety and Quality Coordinator to ensure each store complies with EIQA standards and prepares appropriately for audits
- To advise and review space plans on all fresh food categories
- Launch and maintain key business initiatives into stores
- Ensure stores have the best range in convenience
- Allocate resources effectively across the estate in conjunction with the sales team
- 2 Years relevant retail experience gained in fresh food category
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to lead a team and allocate resources in line with business needs
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strategic and innovative way of thinking
- Strong commercial awareness
- Customer focused approach
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Passion for sales
- At least 2 years relevant retail experience gained within the fresh food category (fruit & vegetables, dairy, serve-over counters etc.) to include responsibility for standards and sales growth
- Up-to-date knowledge of new trends in fresh food sector
- Proven track record of delivering to performance targets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 5 years management experience gained in the Food retail sector
- Proven track record in a multi-site retail environment and/or experience in supporting independent retailers
To apply for the role or to find out further information, please do not hesitate to send your CV via the APPLY button below. Only those applicants who meet the criteria specified above will be contacted.
Not quite for you? If you know of anyone that maybe suitable for the role, or interested, please forward our details on to them.
Who are PRL?
PRL Recruitment (formerly Sales Placement) serves businesses seeking to fill any roles. This includes Sales, Marketing & Management across FMCG, IT, ICT, B2B, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Sales Construction, Advertising and Automotive fields plus many more. We pride ourselves on matching great talent within any organisation.
We are the No.1 Recruitment Consultancy, operating on a whole Island basis. We remain the “go to” recruiter for high calibre talent for the Island of Ireland.