Our client was established over 30 years ago as a Plant Hire & Sales, Hardware & DIY Centre and has been at the forefront of the construction industry supplying and delivering an excellent hire and hardware service for the past 3 decades.
They supply a wide range of top quality building materials, hardware products and an expanding plant, machinery and tool hire fleet, ensuring their customers’ needs are always met in an effective, efficient and professional manner. Their mission is to offer consistently excellent customer service by well-trained, knowledgeable staff who are valued and who operate within a safe working environment.
They are currently recruiting a Trade Counter Sales Executive to join their growing team.
Purpose of Position
- To respond to all customer needs, ensuring these are carried out efficiently and effectively in accordance with Company ethos and policy.
- To foster and practice the Company principle of excellent customer service at all times in relation to all clients, both external and internal.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that all enquiries are dealt with and rapidly returned to the customer, with follow-up initiated within a preset timescale.
- Trade Counter Sales will form an important part of this role.
- Build up and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers
- Effective liaison with external sales representatives regarding customer enquiries/orders.
- Process orders accurately and promptly to ensure excellent customer service
- Update customer information regularly and notify any changes to the relevant personnel.
- Accurate and timely completion of daily edit lists, to ensure prompt invoicing.
- Constant communication with Manager regarding customer accounts, highlighting product range, price variations etc., so that a proactive approach can be utilised in fostering customer relations and service.
- To be knowledgeable in all aspects of the Company’s products range and to continuously update such knowledge or to request training in such areas as needed.
- To be proficient in operating the computer software relevant to the position.
- To work effectively with all other team members to ensure that all business information is obtained and recorded in the correct manner for use by other departments e.g. accounts
- Participate in Trade Shows maybe required along with other “outside hours” work
- To make yourself familiar with and carry out employee responsibilities as outlined in Company Policies and Procedures at all times, including the Health & Safety Policy and the Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To participate fully in all training and personal development initiatives as required by the Company.
- To perform any other duties as and when required by Management
Successful Candidate MUST have
- Knowledge of the Construction industry, Builders Merchants or related industry
- Excellent inter-personal skills to sustain and create relationships
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrable track record in superior performance in relation to targets/objectives
- Ability to work as part of a strong team in a high performance environment
- Current Driving Licence