PRL In-Market Solutions act as distributor for a multinational consumer goods company with category leading brands in Beauty & Grooming, Household Care and Healthcare in all retail channels. Their success has been a result of a passion for superior quality and value. We are now adding to our Field Sales Team to offer dedicated support to our customers in Retail Pharmacy, Wholesale Pharmacy and Retail & Wholesale Grocery.
Purpose of the role:
- To be a Brand Ambassador for one of the world’s biggest consumer goods companies trading across 13 separate product categories across two distinct sectors, Pharmacy & Grocery.
- To create and develop relationships in stores with the aim of growing sales within them through a mix of direct selling, business development, brand/category insights and helping our customers understand the key drivers to success
- To be able to effectively work as part of a team. Willing to support colleagues, as well as learn from them, to achieve a common goal.
Role & responsibilities will include:
- Working within Pharmacy Retail, Pharmacy Wholesale, Grocery C&I and Grocery Wholesale
- Build & maintain distribution across the portfolio
- Developing a good knowledge of all the Brands & Products in portfolio across multiple categories
- Achieving set sales targets through direct selling in the channels
- Enhancing the path to purchase through – POS placement, Product training, Merchandising, SEL’s placement/ correction, Distribution / Space & planogramming.
- Work with in-store contacts to pre-sell and execute cyclical trade activities in stores
- Capturing & Reporting in-store data (promotional compliance, distribution data, incremental displays, etc.)
Essential qualifications / knowledge / experience:
- Experience of the Pharmacy Channel desirable.
- A motivated problem solver with a can-do attitude that displays good social intelligence
- Understands the importance of the Fundamentals of selling, Category Planning and Planograms
- An ability to build great working relationships with line managers, peers and customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, communication and personal organisational skills
- Ability to overcome objections and strong business acumen
- Strong technological acumen (ability to work with tablets/phones)
- Knowledge and experience of using tablet-based toolkits, CRM & auditing tools
- Full clean driving license
- At least 2 years’ experience in this sector