Our Client is a laboratory instrumentation distributor and service provider with office and warehouse facilities situated in County Kildare. Their customers are predominantly laboratories in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Food and University sectors throughout Ireland.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Scientific Sales Specialist is responsible for supporting the Company’s existing customers and driving new business across the island of Ireland in their chosen sectors. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales Director, sales team, engineers, other staff members whether on or off site and at all levels, customers & suppliers.
- Managing and supporting existing customers in their current and future needs;
- Developing new business in line with Company and personal targets;
- Sales negotiation and deal closure achieving targets within Company structures;
- Ensuring customers’ support needs are met to a consistently high standard with a high levelof customer satisfaction;
- Liaising with the finance team to provide product sales quotations and account support to customers;
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of both the client and competitor products;
- Actively use CRM system (SAP B1) to ensure transparency and total customer management;
Qualifications and requirements for the position:
- Honours degree in science/engineering a requirement while an honours degree in chemistry or a related subject would be highly desirable;
- Proven history of successful selling into the analytical science sectors, such as environmental, pharmaceutical, metabolomics or similar;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse customer data and develop financially sound sales solutions;
- Experience or exceptional knowledge of analytical instrumentation and applications is essential, while experience in working within highly regulated sectors is highly desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build relationships;
- Ability to work as a team player while at times being geographically remote from the team;
- Ability to work independently; prioritising work, managing time efficiently and meeting deadlines;
- Fluent in English with good communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Willingness to travel throughout Ireland on a weekly basis including overnight stays;
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Enthusiasm for learning about new products, an enthusiastic and energetic approach to work and the confidence and experience to succeed in a challenging sales role are a prerequisite.