Join the PRL Group: Elevate Your Health & Safety Career!
Are you a Health & Safety Manager with a background in warehouse and transport environments?
Do you have experience in Road Safety including rigid and articulated trucks, vans, and cars, as well as MHE Driving (Material Handling Equipment)?
If you’re passionate about enhancing safety practices and have a proven track record in driving improvements, we want to hear from you!
PRL is a family owned, Irish indigenous business who play a vital role in supporting consumers in everyday living.
We are proud of our long-standing reputation as a leading provider of end-to-end solutions in the freight, logistics, in-market sales and warehousing industry. We work in partnership with flagship brands across a variety of sectors, providing top-quality services that meet their unique needs and requirements.
We have a strong culture putting people and our values at the very centre of everything we do, creating a sustainable future for our teams and our company.
Our teams can expect a fast paced, rewarding, and inclusive environment. Our people policies and benefits place an emphasis on always protecting and doing right by our teams and our company.
Why Choose PRL?
Joining our team promises a dynamic, rewarding, and inclusive environment where we prioritise the well-being of our employees. Our robust people policies and benefits underscore our commitment to safeguarding and nurturing our team members.
Position: Health & Safety Manager
Location: Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
About the Role:
The Health & Safety Manager will play a crucial role in developing and implementing the company’s Health & Safety agenda, ensuring that the provision of H&S services aligns with and reinforces the overall business strategy.
At PRL, we prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Your role involves providing expert support and guidance to our executives and leaders. You’ll also ensure that our daily service delivery and frameworks throughout the organisation are appropriate and effective.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in Occupational Health & Safety is desired with experience in a similar role within a warehousing, distribution, industrial and/or manufacturing environments.
- Ability to demonstrate safety improvements in warehouse and yard environments, MHE driving and road (trucks, vans, cars) driving safety
- Proficiency in maintaining and actively participating in ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management systems
- ISO 45001 Lead Auditor certification and experience with external auditors
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods transportation (by Road and Sea) is advantageous
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and the ability to offer advice on relevant legislation
- Experience in case management and third-party processes
- Proven track record in conducting investigations, audits, inspections, and preparing comprehensive reports
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence at an executive level
- Excellent communication skills for reporting and insights
- Committed to delivering value and driving innovative initiatives
- Develop and execute a tailored 2-5-year occupational Health & Safety strategy
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations
- Offer expert advice to executive and leadership teams
- Conduct risk assessments, audits, and implement control measures
- Create and deliver comprehensive training programs
- Investigate incidents, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions
- Maintain accurate records related to health and safety
- Evaluate policy effectiveness and collaborate for continuous improvement
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends
What’s in It for You?
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
- Pension contributions
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance Policy
- Paternity & Maternity Pay
- Sick Pay Policy
- Christmas Bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free on-site Gym
- Employee Development Programs
If you’re a dedicated and experienced Health & Safety Manager ready to make a significant impact within a leading organisation, we invite you to apply. Join the PRL Group and help us ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
Please note that EU Working Visa (other than student orientation) is required for this position. If you do not meet the essential requirements outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application.