We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a:
Reporting to: Operations Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, focused and ambitious Store Manager to apply their knowledge and skills to drive the business forward. Effectively, it will be like running your own store. A strong leader with excellent people skills, bags of enthusiasm, with the ability to ‘think outside of the box’ and adaptable to change, the successful candidate will engage and inspire their team to work together, to maximize the brand and sales, and subsequently drive the profitability and commercial success of the store. For the right person, this is an excellent opportunity to make a mark within the business and in return the candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Setting and achieving budgets – sales, margin, overheads and profit before tax (PBT)
- Effectively managing all departments and colleagues within the store to ensure that exceptional standards are achieved at all times
- Embedding excellent customer service standards throughout the store to include the achievement of the Excellence Ireland Quality Mark
- Driving the development of the management and supervisory team within the store, through coaching
- Implementing and managing all company change initiatives effectively
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, including food safety procedures
- Creating a positive working environment where store management and colleagues are actively focused on driving the success of the store
- At least 2 years recent experience in a busy convenience or supermarket retailing at Store Manager level with responsibility for sales and margin
- Good working knowledge of all fresh food areas and a proven ability to maintain an exceptionally high standard of operational efficiency and excellence throughout the store
- Proven experience in the areas of stock control, people management, cost control, local marketing, HACCP implementation, and security
- Commercial and general awareness of competitors/market place – with an ability to use this knowledge to drive sales performance
- Financial acumen – ability to interpret data to make sound decisions
- Excellent attention to detail in store standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills.
- Empowers people under their supervision
- Acts as a powerful role model on standards and commitment
- Passion for food and people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Clean Driving Licence
- Further education in related discipline
- Off Licence experience
- Forecourt experience
To apply for the role or to find out further information, please do not hesitate to send your CV via the APPLY button below. Only those applicants who meet the criteria specified above will be contacted.
Not quite for you? If you know of anyone that maybe suitable for the role, or interested, please forward our details on to them.
Who are PRL?
PRL Recruitment (formerly Sales Placement) serves businesses seeking to fill any roles. This includes Sales, Marketing & Management across FMCG, IT, ICT, B2B, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Sales Construction, Advertising and Automotive fields plus many more. We pride ourselves on matching great talent within any organisation.
We are the No.1 Recruitment Consultancy, operating on a whole Island basis. We remain the “go to” recruiter for high calibre talent for the Island of Ireland.