Are you experienced in logistics transport planning?
Do you pride yourself in your attention to detail?
Are you looking for a new challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Here at the PRL Group, we are looking for a Transport Planner to join our growing transport team located at our offices in Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, Co Dublin.
You will be working Monday to Friday, 09.00am – 5.30pm (Flexible)
*Due to the nature of our location, own transport is recommended as not easily accessible by public transport.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to €39,000 depending on experience. In addition, we offer 20 days holiday pay (plus bank holidays). You’ll have access to our free on-site gym, as well as a bike to work scheme, pension contributions, and many other perks.
This is an opportunity to work with in a supportive and collaborative environment.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Complete the day-to-day processing of import manifests and bookings
- Analyse upcoming orders and plan transport routes ensuring efficient and safe delivery of goods on time, as well as ability to adapt them to changing priorities
- Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time
- Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and costing are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames
- Assist in producing weekly and monthly KPI’s report
- Develop and maintain relationships with other internal teams to ensure planned output is achievable and executed accurately
- Dealing with day-to-day queries of the transport department inducing customers calls to the office
What you need to succeed as a Transport Planner in PRL:
- Previous experience working as a transport planner and in transport operations a distinct advantage
- A good geographical knowledge of Ireland and the UK is very beneficial
- Strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills
- Excellent PC skills including Excel and spreadsheets
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and analytical
- Good communication skills with proven work performance results.
Please kindly note that you need to have a valid EU Passport/Work Visa other than Stamp 1G in order to proceed for this position.
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application.