PRL work in partnership with flagship brands across a variety of sectors including food and drink, pharmaceuticals, electronics, industrial and healthcare. We provide end-to-end solutions encompassing freight, logistics, warehousing, in-market sales and technical services. With 3 sites across Ireland we are looking for a Warehouse Manager to joing our team in Dublin. Specialist in air, sea, and road freight movements, this is an opportunity to join a business during a time of continued growth.
This is a full-time permanent position.
We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
What does the role entail?
- With the Operations Manager strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Establish, implement, and maintain appropriate systems of performance metrics for key systems and processes of operational management and development.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities, new business development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Daily review of site operations to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff. Conduct regular performance reviews, set personal objectives, identify training/skills needs, allocate resources to accommodate requirements and follow up on all actions.
- Deal with all queries from employees in a timely and considered fashion.
- Ensure all employees have a clear understanding of company policies and safety regulations, and that these policies and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Manage the business planning process at departmental level to ensure that focus, targets, manpower planning and objectives are aligned with the PRL goals and objectives, as set out in the annual business plan and budget. Set targets and personal objectives as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with PRL requirements for quality management, health and safety, statutory obligations, environmental directives and general duty of care.
- Ensure the security of employees, their goods, plant, equipment and buildings by maintaining an acceptable level of control over access to the premises and the prevention of accident/incident likely to cause damage or disruption to work activities.
- Continuously liaise with the transport team to ensure that the deliveries are scheduled correctly, adequate fleet utilisation is achieved and special requests from customers are accommodated within reason.
- Ensure that all buildings and facilities are maintained to a satisfactory standard and liaise with contractors/tenants to this end.
- Frequently review site security requirements and liaise with security contractors to ensure any specific deviations from standard service are enforced.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ managerial experience in a freight warehouse environment is a requirement
- A flexible approach to working hours – MUST be very flexible with shift start times as well as days worked, including weekends & holidays.
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A strong team player with a key people/team focus
- Strong organisation and prioritising skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft products.
- Positive can-do attitude essential for this role
What’s on offer:
We are committed to investing in our people, providing opportunities for development, training and mentoring to empower employees to reach their full potential.
Competitive salary depending on experience
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Visa to proceed for this position.
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application