We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our Team located in Aerodrome, Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole, Co Dublin.
PRL is a family owned, Irish indigenous business who play a vital role in supporting consumers in everyday living.
We are proud of our long-standing reputation as a leading provider of end-to-end solutions in the freight, logistics, in-market sales and warehousing industry. We work in partnership with flagship brands across a variety of sectors, providing top-quality services that meet their unique needs and requirements.
We have a strong culture putting people and our values at the very centre of everything we do, creating a sustainable future for our teams and our company.
Our teams can expect a fast paced, rewarding, and inclusive environment. Our people policies and benefits place an emphasis on always protecting and doing right by our teams and our company.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to work for a company that partners with global flagship brands, presenting a valuable opportunity for professional growth and development. Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Paid overtime
- Flexible Working: Five days over seven
- Shift times: 06.00am – 14.00pm / 14.00pm – 10.00pm / 10.00pm – 6.00am
- Role Specific Training Provided
- Genuine longer-term opportunities to develop your skillset
- Diverse & Inclusive Working Environment
- Top Quality Uniform/ PPE provided.
- Modern/ well maintained facilities
- Canteen facilities with complimentary tea & coffee
- Free Onsite Parking
- Access to Free on-site Gym (Central Office)
- Maternity & Paternity Leave Top up
- Sick Pay Policy
- Pension with employer contribution
- Wellness Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
The Chill Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including allocate work assignments to warehouse operatives to ensure that work schedule is completed on time and that priority issue are given precedence. Ensure that housekeeping, health, and safety standards are maintained and report any breach of standard to the Operations Manager. Demonstrate leadership, accountability, and responsibility in the performance of duties while on shift.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising the functions and working of the all-warehouse team members.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of staff.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures of working.
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse areas including assigning work to be completed on shift, monitor progress and intervene/provide support as needed.
- Liaise with Clients, Stock Controller and Goods-inwards to ensure that the required product is available on time.
- Ensure that work procedures in practice are in line with current iteration of relevant SOP and that direct reports are informed.
- Actively monitor and manage attendance control including absenteeism, time keeping and adherence to breaks. Produce monthly trend reports for management review when requested.
- Proactively identify issues and suggest resolution. Answer queries from direct reports in a timely fashion.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Highlight and report any product damage and encourage direct reports to do likewise.
- Identify and report any faulty or damaged equipment in use in the warehouse and follow up to ensure corrective action is implemented. Ensure preventative maintenance schedules are completed within the correct time e.g., watering requirements for forklift and pallet trucks.
- Ensure that all accidents and/or potentially dangerous incidents are reported to the Operations manager and are investigated and recorded.
- Foster an environment where feedback can flow in all directions. Encourage direct reports to make suggestions for improvements and ensure that employees receive an acknowledgement in every case.
- Must be flexibility in the areas of hours of work and work patterns at times requested by management.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experiences:
- Proven experience as a Warehouse Supervisor or similar role.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with inventory management software and systems.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Visa in order to proceed for this position.
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application.