Since 2012 our client has been bringing a new alternative to the energy market. They offer customers a simple but effective way of understanding, controlling and managing their energy usage and costs. They are committed to providing solutions that enable customers across Ireland become more energy efficient, control their costs and reduce their carbon footprint and emissions.
Through a number of strategic partnerships they can provide tailor-made Energy Service Solutions for their clients, including Energy Management,LED Lighting, Solar, Wind, Heat Pumps and CHP .
They are now looking to recruit for the key position of Head of Sales, the successful candidate will report to and work with the Chief Commercial Officer to deliver the sales strategy. You will be responsible for developing and leading a multi-channel sales team. The Head of Sales will be a central figure in the senior management team and will work with other departments to implement and drive a successful sales strategy.
The Head of Sales will have the following qualities.
- You will be an experienced manager and leader of people and will be responsible for developing and leading a multi-channel sales team to ensure the delivery of individual and company targets.
- It is essential that you demonstrate strategic leadership and mentorship to the existing team, whilst putting in place a rigorous process and optimal sales force structure that will deliver profitable growth.
- You lead through influence rather than authority, are a coach and team player, and can motivate the sales team to achieve their targets and deliver profitable growth.
- You will work with all members of staff to maintain and develop a positive progressive culture
- It is essential that you possess strong commercial acumen and a proven track record in business development.
- Ensure their offering, pricing and propositions reflect the needs of the market and customers.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting on critical KPIs and provide accurate and detailed sales forecasting to the management team.
- You will manage the sales compensation scheme and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- You will develop an excellent understanding of the key customer/target audience to ensure their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- While keeping profitability of the business under continual review, you will identify areas for greater growth potential and investment in new business development.
- You will represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- You will bring a strong independent viewpoint to the senior management table and will constantly strive to improve our sales strategy.
- You will work with the other department heads to improve processes and drive the business forward and will play a key role in the decision-making process within the business as part of the management team.
- You will regularly review and bring forward recommendations that enhance the customer acquisition and retention management structures within the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Experience running a sales function is essential
- B2B, Multi- channel.
- Previous management of a multi-channel sales operation is essential.
- Experience of managing a direct and 3rd party sales operation is highly desirable
- Comfortable with creating, implementing and managing processes and procedures.
- Organised, fully IT Literate and Full clean drivers licence.